Come in, hang out, be inspired (hopefully).

Welcome one and all to The Diary of a Chunky White Guy. I hope this blog will keep me inspired in my weight loss goals, but I also hope to help others who are struggling with their weight, whether they're ten pounds or two hundred overweight. I'm not a doctor, and I'm not a psychologist, but perhaps by posting my struggles, victories and viewpoints, I can make a difference in someone's life.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Not much going on today

Hey everyone, this will be a short entry. Not much of note happened today, but I still want to keep in the habit of posting every day. I did have one major triumph today, however. I managed to do a solid 30 minutes on a bike without stopping. Considering I could do barely 10 just a week ago, I was quite proud of myself.

I'm completely over the "finding out my weight" thing, it took all day yesterday and a good portion of today, but I think I've managed to get it out of the forefront, and get back to business as usual. Thanks again to everyone who supported me in that venture.

Hmm, today's moral? I suppose it could be "celebrate your victories, even the small ones". Not too much to go on.

I see I've ballooned to eleven readers this week, including my friend and fellow Flogging Molly concert goer, The Bear Monk. Glad to see you here, sir.

Well, I suppose that's all I've got for this evening. Hopefully I'll be a little more inspired tomorrow. Tomorrow is Body Pump again if I can get home from my Lafayette meeting in time, and I'll be in Lake Charles this weekend, so I'll probably work out at the gym on Saturday before I head to LC. Sunday..I'm sure I'll think of something as far as exercise goes. Me, my hetero-lifemate Jeff and his lovely girlfriend Summer are going to go check out Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. It should be great.

Until tomorrow everyone, take care of yourselves.

4 comments:

  1. Great job on the bike! I'm not sure what it says about me, but I found even your plain Jane post to be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!! I've even started back on my venture today to lose the 20lbs I have to loose. 35 mins on the treadmill at slow speed and I sweated like a whore in church pheww

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is boring. I'm going to nakedhamsters.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never fails. We go visit dad and mawmaw and you bail to LC. Bah.

    I ran/walked a bit over a mile yesterday on my first workout day. Allie and I went and worked out for an hour and it felt good. Since I quit smoking, I gained about 20lbs. 250 now. Blech. Gonna try and get down to 210.

    Keep it up. I am reading/checking everyday.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments below. If you're mean, I will spend all of my free time trying to make your head spontaneously combust.